Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What Did I Create Today?

Today, I sat down at my worktable with a ton of beads strewn across it trying to find something that sparked my interest.  I started staring at all those very same beads yesterday to no avail.  Something sparked this morning.

I separated the beads that were "speaking" to me.  No, they don't actually talk; and I don't actually hear them either.  I am referring to the beads that just caused my creative wheels to start turning.  Silly.

I set up my bead palette, which needs replacing by the way, with my beads.  I played with different designs trying to find that perfect fit.  I played with an asymmetrical design.  But, that didn't quite work the way I had envisioned.  I finally settled on a very unique design featuring the red square beads in the lower right corner photo (Red Jasper) as the focal area.  These stones are part of the Jewelry Basics line of beads that are available at Jo-Anns as well at PrimaBead.com.

I began the necklace with some of Cousin Corporation's Cord Basics Gold Nylon Coated Flexible Beading Wire.  I strung on a Jewelry Basics gold plated crimp tube on the wire then ran the wire through a jump ring that was attached to a gold plated lobster claw clasp, both of which were from the Jewelry Basics line.   I ran the wire back through the crimp bead and crimped it shut.  I strung one gold plated scroll bead and a gold plated link chain both from the Jewelry Basics line onto the wire along with seven Crystazzi Crystal Pearls in Light Rose Matte. I covered the extra wire from where I crimped with these beads. I then looped the chain back and threaded it onto the jewelry wire on one link.  I added another scroll bead, looped the chain again, and added 7 more pearls.  I repeated this pattern four times (see above photo).

When I reached the desired focal area, I strung one scroll bead, looped the chain and then added another scroll bead. I added one Red Jasper stone and then another scroll bead followed by another stone and scroll bead.  I then threaded the chain back on and added another scroll bead followed by a gemstone and scroll bead.  I, again, threaded the chain back onto the wire to be and followed the pattern of scroll bead, stone bead, scroll bead, stone bead, scroll bead.  The chain was then threaded onto the wire and followed by a scroll bead.  I repeated the pattern of chain, scroll bead, chain, and seven pearls from the other side of the necklace.  The necklace was complete after I strung a crimp tube and jump ring that was attached to a 2.5" extender chain and crimped.  I threaded the extra wire back through the first grouping of beads and trimmed off the extra.  I added a little pearl dangle to the end of the extender chain for added elegance.


No comments:

Post a Comment