Sunday, August 26, 2012

Rose Noir

I began this piece by grouping together Jewelry Basics elements.  First, I gathered a strand of 6mm plum colored glass pearls that were mixed with a 4mm deep rose crystal.  I had a gunmetal colored strand of connectors that consisted of a filigree rose and a plum enameled diamond shape with a purple-rose colored crystal in the center.  I strung the beads on some black nylon coated steel flexible beading wire.  I formed a drop pendant from two of the diamonds and one of the roses.  I then made dangle from the bottom diamond shape with one of the pearls and one of the crystals.  The flexible beading wire is strung through the top loop of the top diamond and crimped with a gunmetal crimp tube.  The beads follow the pattern that was on the strand: crystal, pearl, crystal, pearl.  I added a black enameled copper extender chain and a lobster claw clasp.  The earrings have a matching filigree rose and diamond shape along with the pearl and crystal dangle.  The ear wires are silver plated nickel and lead free French hook style ear wires.






No comments:

Post a Comment