Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Project

For our first project as Cousin Creative Circle Ambassadors, we were asked to create something that was Florida in theme.  We were also asked to use only the Cousin Corporation of America's brand products in our creation. We could use charms, beads, wire, etc. in creating our piece.

As I thought about this project, the only thing coming to mind were the beautiful colors I have seen while visiting the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area: emerald waters with silver crests lapping against beautiful sugar sand beaches that reflect the warm yellow glow of the sun and the most beautiful soft turquoise blue skies you will ever see.  At sunset, the waters reflects a burnished gold and the sky lights up a brilliant bronze color.




I went bead shopping on my birthday and found the perfect beads at Walmart. The colors of the beads I purchased spoke of the colors I mentioned.

I mixed some very pretty green swirl acrylic beads that were strung with antiqued silver beads and a deep green crackle bead with strands of yellow glass linked beads with antiqued gold accents.  I found some very petite strands of turquoise colored glass beads that were wire wrapped together on thin silver wire.  I already had the antiqued gold chain left over from a Crystazzi kit.  All the findings were pulled out of my box of goodies Cousin sent me as part of my ambassadorship. 
Here are the pictures of my finished piece.  Leave a comment on how you think I did.
Here is the full view of the necklace

What the necklace looks like on a neck form.

Close up of the right side of the necklace

Close up of the left side of necklace
Back of necklace
I had enough left over beads to make these pretty earrings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment